Dr. Brianne Miller is one of Cheat Lake Animal Hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care veterinarians who also has a special interest in diagnostic imaging (ultrasound, x-rays). She has a Certificate in Small Animal Ultrasound from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine Executive Veterinary Program.
She can perform the following diagnostic ultrasounds (and other diagnostic imaging):
1. Full abdomen: liver, gallbadder, kidneys, spleen, adrenals, bladder, lymph nodes, GI tract (stomach, duodenum, jejunum, colon), pancreas, peritoneum and retroperitoneum
2. Urinary systems: kidneys, urinary bladder, regional lymph nodes
3. Recheck single organ (ex: spleen or liver or kidneys)
5. Joint ultrasound
6. Subcutaneous/dermal mass ultrasound
7. Ocular/retrobulbar ultrasound
8. Cervical ultrasound (to evaluate for thyroid masses or parathyroid masses, requires sedation)
9. Ultrasound of thoracic masses (need to be close to the body wall, sometimes requires general anesthesia to collapse the affected lung lobe)
She can also perform the following sampling:
1. Percutaneous liver biopsy (requires heavy sedation/general anesthesia)
2. Fine Needle Aspirate – anything, some organs (gallbladder) (preferably under sedation)
3. Thoracocentesis – pericardiocentesis, pleurocentesis
4. Cerebral Spinal Fluid taps
Dr. Miller is available most Mondays, Fridays, and some weekends to perform these services. Please call us at (304)594-1124 to schedule an appointment or to send a referral.